Tuesday, June 2, 2009

E3 2009: Final Fantasy IV: The After Years Trailer Confirms Episodic Downloads

Square Enix has just published a new trailer for their WiiWare port of the cellphone follow up to Final Fantasy IV, cleverly titled "The After Years." Take a look.



*Groan* Well, call me spoiled, but in a day and age when we can download entire current gen games, can someone explain to me why Square Enix insisted on keeping this in episodic form? Wait, don't answer that. I know, more downloads = more money. But seriously.

The game looks nostalgically interesting, but I'm just not willing to shell out 9 different times to play one (retro) game. When/if the big SE decides it can behave civilly and put them all into one package, I will reconsider picking this up. Until then, someone please tell Square Enix what year it is.

Final Fantasy IV: The After Years is currently available for Nintendo Wii's WiiWare service in North America.

No comments: