Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Tales of Vesperia Gets the Movie Treatment

The Japanese publication Kinema Junpou announced in their latest issue that Kadokawa Pictures will be releasing an animated motion picture adaptation of Namco Bandai's Xbox 360 RPG Tales of Vesperia in Japan this year.

The film is being directed by Kanta Kamei, who has previously directed Digimon: Revenge of Diablomon and Kill Bill: The Origin of O-Ren. Voice actor Kousuke Toriumi will be filling a role in the film, most likely that of protagonist Yuri Lowell, which he played for the game.

There has been no specific target release announced for the film at this time, except that it will be out sometime this year.

Cool news. I love me some Tales of Vesperia, so I'm stoked to see how the movie turns out. I would have preferred a TV series like Tales of the Abyss got, but I guess I'll take what I can get.

No comments: