Friday, February 20, 2009

Disney Announces Spectrobes: Origins

Well, I suppose it had to happen sometime. Disney Interactive Studios just announced that it's monster raising/battling RPG franchise Spectrobes will be coming to the Nintendo Wii later this year.

The new installment will be titled Spectrobes: Origins, and is intended to play a prequel role to the original title for Nintendo DS. Disney has promised that Origins will include "unique Wii controls," an "engaging story," and "large-scale, action-packed battles in real time."

(Translation from PR-speak to English: waggle + a story + boss battles.)

I can't really speak authoritatively on the subject of Spectrobes, simply because I promised myself that I would avoid all monster collection/raising/battling games after the original Pokemon, and haven't looked back. However, fans of the series will likely be delighted to know that Disney is committed to "expanding the legacy for high quality entertainment that (they) built with the first two Spectrobes games." Cool?

Spectrobes: Origins will be available on Nintendo Wii sometime this fall in North America.

Requests for a PS3 port in the comments. ;)

3 comments:

zerolocked said...

Dude, you don't like Pokemon? (no wonder there was no Pokemon Platinum coverage lol). But this game looks fun. I'd never play it on the DS, but I'd get it for the Wii.

Brandon said...

the original Pokemon wasn't bad, but I got really obsessed with having every single pokemon.

I thought about it one day, and realized that I didn't NEED to collect every pokemon to be happy, and I never touched the game again.

I typically play RPGs for the story, and I haven't really come across a monster-collecting game that really interested me, so I haven't really felt left out for ignoring the genre since.

Brandon said...

^
wow, that was a lot of 'really's. :/