Monday, February 2, 2009

RPGs of the Week: Spoiled Princess Edition

Welcome to February! January was (as always) a little slow on the new RPG release scene. February improves on January, but just a little bit. Though you might not think so this week.

The following new RPGs are shipping to retailers in North America, Japan, and Europe this week (February 2 - 6, 2009).

North America
My World, My Way - Global A, Atlus - Nintendo DS

Japan
Demon's Souls - FromSoftware, SCEJ - PlayStation 3
Destiny Links - Namco Bandai - Nintendo DS

Europe
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia - Konami - Nintendo DS
Chrono Trigger - Square Enix - Nintendo DS
Rise of the Argonauts (UK) - Liquid, Codemasters - PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3

I forgot that My World, My Way was shipping this week. Maybe I'll give it a spin.

Japan gets Demon's Souls (which I'm told appears to be a spiritual successor to the old King's Field games, for whatever that's worth), and Namco Bandai's co-op DS RPG, Destiny Links.

Europe gets around to grabbing the latest Castlevania and the port of Chrono Trigger, both highly recommended titles. The UK version of Rise of the Argonauts also finally drops, still inexplicably later than the rest of Europe. No one knows why.

Good (if late) stuff for Europe, but nothing else to really write home about. Unless you are super stoked for Demon's Souls for whatever reason. Hey, I won't judge you.

Anything worth your cash this week?

No comments: