Friday, December 12, 2008

Final Fantasy XIII Movies Hint at Possibility of Games

Here are the extended trailers of Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy Versus XIII that were shown at Square Enix's strangely named closed-door press conference earlier this year.

Both seem like movie trailers. Indeed, there is no gameplay present in either. So, yeah. My impression is: Square Enix still knows how to make badass 3D FMVs. Whether or not there will be a game underneath either of these titles, however, remains to be seen.

Watch away.

Final Fantasy XIII


Final Fantasy Versus XIII


I just don't know about these games. Neither really gives me a "Final Fantasy" vibe. I suppose XIII proper comes the closest, but they just seem so different from the FF I grew up with, y'know?

I really need to see the games actually being played before I can formulate a better conclusion. (As a side note, it is reported that FFXIII gameplay will be shown in some form before the end of the year, presumably at JumpFesta.)

Final Fantasy XIII will be available on PlayStation 3 sometime next year in Japan, and someday on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in North America and Europe. Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be available on PlayStation 3 someday. I think.

No comments: