Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Last Story might be Sakaguchi's last story

After a 3 month long development stint in Japan, Final Fantasy creator and Mistwalker boss Hironobu Sakaguchi has returned to his home in Hawaii for a brief week for personal reasons.

In his Mistwalker blog, Sakaguchi comments on his team's commitment to The Last Story, stating that they are all pouring 120% into the project, which he says may be his last.

From his blog (translated by yours truly for your English reading pleasure):
"While I'm completely pouring everything I have into this one title, the feeling that this might be my last game is strong. So I am working towards the project's completion so that I have no regrets, but more than that, while having fun."

While it saddens me to think The Last Story may be Sakaguchi's last game, it is shaping up to be a great-looking title, and I think most would agree that Sakaguchi has more than made his mark upon the game industry.

The Last Story will be available for the Nintendo Wii sometime this year in Japan.

[Mistwalker]

No comments: