Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Big Fable III Announcement at X10 will Apparently Piss You Off

After a quiet couple of years, Microsoft is bringing their own personal press conference back to life this year with X10, held this Thursday (February 11, 2010) in San Francisco. The publisher has promised several announcements, some of which have been vaguely described as "big" or "exciting" or other PR-speak equivalents.

This much is not news (yet).

However, one announcement we have already been told to expect is one related to Lionhead's upcoming Fable III, which is due sometime this year. Lionhead boss Peter Molyneux - generally infamous for brash statements and over-hype - told Game Reactor last week that many gamers may not be happy about it.

"There's some very, very big things happening in Fable III, and it's really going to upset people. I'm really scared when I go out and tell people what it is [that] they're going to get super pissed off. They really are."

Well, I'll make sure I'm sitting down for it.

Personally, my guess is that Fable III will require Project Natal, which I can definitely see pissing some people off. But since I also expect the next Zelda to require Motion Plus, I don't see it as that big of a deal. Unless of course Natal will cost $100+.

Any speculations?

[Game Reactor]

No comments: