Monday, June 30, 2008

RPGs of the Week: Shipping July 01


Happy Canada Day/Independence Day for all us North America-ers! The birth of our countries grants us a chance to reflect on the founding of our countries and the rights, freedoms, and priviledges that go along with that.

...But more importantly, it gives us time off work and school. ;)

Unfortunately, it seems that new RPG releases are taking the week off as well, with only a free-to-play MMO for NA, and absolutely nothing (that I'm aware of anyway) for EU. Japan fares only slightly better, seeing the release of Square Enix's quirky horror/mystery game about an RPG, Nanashi no Game. Oh, and budget releases of Oblivion and Enchant Arm. (Why does Japan count budget releases as "new" releases anyway?)

EDIT: Oops. So I just realized I missed a couple of DS games for Europe that are shipping out this week. I've added them in the proper spot below. Man is there egg on my face or what?

North America

Dungeon Runners - NCsoft - PC


Japan

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Platinum Collection) - Bethesda Softworks, Spike - Xbox 360
Enchant Arm (The Best) - From Software - PlayStation 3
Nanashi no Game - Square Enix - Nintendo DS

Europe

Pokemon Mysterious Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness - Nintendo - Nintendo DS
Pokemon Mysterious Dungeon: Explorers of Time - Nintendo - Nintendo DS

So, picking anything up this week, or are you working on your backlog?

2 comments:

Billy said...

My backlog is like 30 games... Right now I'm working on Shadow Hearts Covenant and Dragon Quest VIII.

Brandon said...

Same here. I'm working on finishing up Blue Dragon. Not sure what I'll work on after that, but I do have hundreds of years worth of PS1, PS2, and GameCube backlog in addition to whatever is still in the cellophane for my 360.

Ah, game collections. Are they even meant to be finished?