Thursday, March 18, 2010

Old News: Bethesda Announces Hunted: The Demon's Forge, Might be an RPG

Since every game from Call of Duty to Cooking Mama has RPG elements in it these days, I'm finding deciding what games I should cover more and more challenging.

So, enter Hunted: The Demon's Forge, a new 'dungeon-crawler' from inXile (developers of the oft forgotten A Bard's Tale) and Bethesda. Certain things about it make it look like it might be an RPG. Maybe. It has swords and dungeons, which are usually present in RPGs. It also has magic and elves, which are often helpful in determining an RPG. However, I can't find character progression, character or equipment leveling, number-based stats or battle systems, or a centralized story.

But then, I guess it resembles Demon's Souls and Too Human in some respects, two games which I consider RPGs (albeit not very good ones), so I suppose I'll give this the benefit of the doubt for now.

Hunted: The Demon's Forge will be available for Xbox 360, PC, and PlayStation 3 at some point that has yet to be decided.

[Destructoid]

No comments: