Thursday, March 18, 2010

Namco Bandai Announces Solarobo

What is this I don't even

CyberConnect2, the developers behind the quirky .hack series have again teamed up with Namco Bandai for a new DS action-RPG called Solarobo: Sorekara CODA e (And from There Towards CODA), which appears to be a game about furries vs. robots.

I'm going to just stop there and put $5 on the table that says this won't see a North American release. Call it a hunch.

The game follows a 17 year old dog boy named Red Savarin, who lives with his young sister and gets by as a Hunter. His adventure apparently begins when he enounters a robot named DAHAK-AZ103.

Okay, I'll give you that dog people living on floating islands with robots is certainly more original than some JRPGs lately, but I just can't imagine who thinks this sounded like a good idea. No wonder I've been having a hard time wanting to write about RPGs lately.



Solarobo is due for Nintendo DS in Japan sometime this year.

No comments: