Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Xenoblade First Look

Famitsu has recently pulled back the curtain on Monolith and Nintendo's upcoming Wii RPG, Xenoblade to give us a taste of what's to come. The taste is not a big taste, but it is enough to possibly wet your appetite.

The article focuses on an interview with one of Monolith's bigwigs, Tetsuya Takahashi, who answers questions and expands on the game's world, its gameplay, and content. The article is unfortunately too blurry to make a full translation viable, but it is notable that the game will apparently use a real-time battle system. Expect more coverage as information becomes available.

UPDATE: Nice scans GET! Translation requests now accepted.





Xenoblade will be available for Nintendo Wii sometime this Spring in Japan.

[Gamekyo]
[Wiiz]
[Puissance-Nintendo]

3 comments:

Billy said...

I don't know what it is about this game but I just love the style. Those wide-open vistas are just so inviting.

I played through Mass Effect on your recommendation, finished up the game in about 12 hours just doing the main story. I enjoyed the game but the sidequests didn't really interest me. (I played as a human-supremacist paragon, romanced Ash, spared Wrex, killed the Rachni, sacrificed the council.)

But now I am playing ME2, and it is phenomenal! Everything that was kind of tedious or annoying about the first game is gone, and everything that was good about it is made better. I really can't get enough of it and when I'm not playing it, I'm plotting what I want to do or try next. Just an all-around awesome game, and I love talking with people about the different choices you can make. I really can't wait for ME3 to see how Ash reacts to my new relationship with Jack... :)

Brandon said...

From the little they've shown, the graphics are quite impressive for the Wii, and its style reminds me of a more mature, more story-driven Soma Bringer (which is a good thing; Soma Bringer was very cool).

After reading through the article, though, it sounds like the combat is going to be highly similar to FFXII's battle system. They haven't truly shown the battle off yet, but the undeniable similarities in Takahashi's explanation have dropped the game's appeal harshly in my mind.

I hope to be proven wrong.

As for ME2, I have heard nothing but praise for it. Usually this would make me a bit wary, but I loved the original so much, I have little doubt that I will enjoy the sequel as well. I really need to get around to playing it before March hits and my free time goes down the tubes.

zerolocked said...

translation request! =]