Thursday, December 10, 2009

RPGs of the Week: Choo-Choo Train Edition

No excuses for the blatant lack of updates. I will try harder.

Here are the new RPGs hitting shelves around the world this week (December 7 - 12, 2009).

North America
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks – Nintendo – Nintendo DS

Japan
Bleach: Soul Carnival 2 – SCEI – PSP
Eiyuu Densetsu: Sora no Kiseki Set (Super Price Set) – Falcom – PSP
Luminous Arc III: Eyes - imageepoch, Marvelous - Nintendo DS
Tales of Graces – Namco Bandai – Nintendo Wii
X-Edge (Compile Heart Selection) – Compile Heart – PlayStation 3
Yuusha no Kuse ni Namaiki da Or2 (The Best) – Acquire – PSP

Europe
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks – Nintendo – Nintendo DS

Japan definitely takes the lead in RPG releases this week with Bleach 2 and Luminous Arc III as new portable titles, and the extreme jealousy-inducing release of Tales of Graces for Wii. Oh, I think there is a sizable dose of budget reprints, too.

North America and Europe will have to make due with Phantom Hourglass +train -boat. That's cool, I guess.

Anything making it into your shopping cart this week?

4 comments:

Billy said...

Hey man, glad to see you weren't dead or anything. I was lukewarm on Phantom Hourglass so I'm not in too much of a hurry to pick up Spirit Tracks. I think my only RPG purchases this month will be Crystal Bearers and the second Borderlands DLC pack.

Here's hoping that Tales of Graces and Luminous Arc 3 make it over to America sooner rather than later.

Brandon said...

thanks. work's been a little... busy lately. -_-;

anyways, i agree you on Phantom Hour- er, I mean Spirit Tracks. completely passable right now. maybe someday. maybe.

i would say Luminous Arc III is pretty much guaranteed, considering Atlus' track record for bringing previous installments over.

Tales of Graces, on the other hand, is really a 50/50 in my mind. Namdai is frustratingly inconsistent with which Tales of titles they bring over and which they don't.

for instance, why Tales of the World Radiant Mythology and not Innocence or Hearts? completely mind-boggling.

i have my fingers crossed for Graces, though. certainly looks like a worthwhile entry.

Billy said...

I've read that Tales of Symphonia 2 was a pretty good seller for a Wii RPG (just picked it up myself on Black Friday for a little under $7 :). So maybe that will work in Graces' favor.

Anonymous said...

nothing for me really.