Tuesday, June 15, 2010

E3 10: Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep Trailer for the Discerning RPG Fan



I know I shouldn't, but I can't help rolling my eyes every time a new Kingdom Hearts thing happens. I've tried to understand why these games are popular, but I simply can't figure it out. Sure, I love Disney characters and Final Fantasy characters as much as the next guy, but a world where Mickey Mouse is the epitome of badass is simply an idea I cannot get behind.


Regardless, Square Enix knows how to make money, and if selling you Mickey Mouse vs. Final Fantasy will do it, well they will pile it on. Cue Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep for the PSP, due out this fall for gullible, I mean discerning gamers everywhere.

Really, though, Kingdom Hearts is definitive proof of why Square, once my most favourite RPG developer, is now among my least favourites.

Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep will be available September 12, 2010 in North America and Europe.

No comments: